In many ways, dogs are very similar to humans. They have a wide range of emotions, and they can suffer from similar diseases and conditions like us. That being said, it makes sense that CBD oil can work for dogs.
CBD oil for dogs in Australia is more than a gimmick; it is a very potent hemp-based substance that can help your pets cope with pain and other symptoms.
But, before you make a decision to buy the product, first you have to determine whether your dog really needs it. If the dog is suffering, and all other treatments have failed, you might as well consider this solution.
Keep in mind that cannabidiol oil for pets is completely harmless. It isn’t a drug, nor does it can any hallucinations. In fact, we can say that it is much better than most modern pharmaceuticals as it is completely plant-based.
Hemp oil for dogs can be administered easily, and you really don’t need a specialist (except for diagnosis). Without further ado, here are some of the main things you need to know about this magnificent product.
Let’s check it out together!
What is CBD oil for dogs, and why do people praise it?
Perhaps you’ve noticed that there is a major cannabis craze as of late.
Whether you live in the US, Australia, or Europe, there is a good chance that your government has made steps towards legalizing hemp oil for pets.
Both recreational cannabis and medical cannabis are highly sought after, and governments of the world are trying their best to profit from the plant.
CBD products, in particular, are created through extraction. A company will take either cannabis or hemp plant, and they will extract CBD or cannabidiol – one of its most potent substances. This compound can be used to address numerous medical conditions.
The reason why CBD oil for dogs is safe is that it has a small percentage of THC. THC is the psychoactive substance that most people fear.
Every government has its laws regarding allowed THC percentage. However, in most cases, you cannot have more than 1% THC in CBD products. This ensures that the patients will not get high while administering the therapy.
When creating CBD oil, a company will first extract cannabidiol. Then, the substance will be added to a career oil.
The product is used topically, and it is especially great for localized pain. It can also be used for various inflammations, and specifically, arthritic.
Although hemp oils can be used as CBD edibles, we suggest that you don’t try them.
How does Cannabidiol oil work for dogs?
The main issue with CBD oil for dogs is a lack of research. To be honest, we still don’t have enough studies for regular CBD.
Generally speaking, the item should have a very similar effect as it does for humans. It interacts with endocannabinoid receptors in our body. In fact, it is more of a supplement that is meant to regulate how our body works (or dog’s body).
In many cases, CBD is used to address the symptoms. Oftentimes, it is prescribed together with other pharmaceuticals.
In most countries, it is still hard to get a CBD prescription. Even though CBD oil is legal, most doctors prefer traditional methods. Usually, medical marijuana is used as a last-ditch effort when everything else has failed.
The lack of studies is especially problematic when it comes to dogs. We cannot tell for sure if CBD works as intended. However, a lot of dog owners claim that CBD oil works by addressing pain.
According to them, CBD oil for pets has completely changed their dog’s behavior, and it seems they are more calm and relaxed after using it. Furthermore, it seems that it helps reduce the number of seizures certain dogs have.
Most people will administer dog CBD oil because their pat is either in pain or has inflammation. But, it can also be used to improve the heart’s function, reduce nausea, help stimulate appetite, CBD can work for depression and anxiety, etc.
At this moment, there are several studies involving dogs and CBD products. Some of them are meant to explore how hemp is working for pain and seizures in their pets.
If the studies provide to be successful, there is a good chance that we will see a boom in dog CBD sales.
Different types of cannabis oil for pets
Given that cannabis products are relatively new, a lot of people have certain misconceptions.
A good example of this is not understanding what’s the difference between CBD, hemp, and cannabis oil for pets. These terms are not always exclusive, and if you want to make the best possible purchase for your dog, you should understand the slight differences.
As already mentioned, CBD or cannabidiol oil is an oil made from either hemp or cannabis. Although these plants are from the same family, they have different traits.
For example, the hemp plant doesn’t have THC, which is common for cannabis oil. It also can have a higher concentration of cannabidiol.
Nowadays, whether we’re talking about cannabis or hemp oil, both product groups are strictly controlled by the government.
Most companies perform regular testing and show the results on their websites. This provides additional transparency and safety for users who want only the best for their pets.
This includes more than 100 different substances. When you use full-spectrum CBD oil, you get the full impact of these substances when packed together (also known as the “entourage effect”).
Broad-spectrum can also be great for your dog. This product doesn’t have any THC, further ensuring its safety. It can also be a great choice for pets that have issues with the substance.
Lastly, we have CBD isolates. These items have nothing else besides CBD.
If you want to know more about each particular product group, it is best to consult with a cannabis oil expert. You can also send us an email if you need some additional information or advice.
Possible side effects that your dog might experience
As already mentioned, our dog cannot tell us how it feels. We need to make conclusions based on our own observations.
If we presume that pets have very similar side effects as humans, here are some of the issues pets might encounter when using CBD oil for dogs or other CBD dog treats (the canine alternative to CBD gummies):
- Low blood pressure is a common issue that occurs when consuming CBD products. They are often used for relaxation and unwinding, so it isn’t surprising that they also lower blood pressure. A person who is using the drug might feel light-headed
- Dry mouth is another thing worth mentioning. If your dog is experiencing this issue, you might notice it through increased consumption of water
- Drowsiness is the last side we need to address. It is another effect that completely makes sense. If your dog is experiencing this issue, it will sleep much longer during the day. Keep in mind that you have to expect at least some sleepiness given the way the hemp plant works
These are the main side effects that your dog might encounter.
The substance is fairly safe, especially compared to other drugs that are used for pain, spasms, and inflammations. This is one of the main reasons why people prefer CBD oil to some other, traditional drugs.
Where to buy hemp oil for dogs in Australia?
If you want to go with a safe company, go with Krush Organics. We have served Australian customers for a while, and our positive reviews speak volumes about our products, service, and commitment to excellence.
Of course, there are other great companies out there, as well. Here are some of the things you should pay attention to when purchasing CBD oil for your dog:
- Buy from reputable sources. The cannabis industry in Australia is very young. As a result, there are a lot of suspicious companies out there. Some of them provide subpar items, while there are those that are taking advantage of their customers. No matter what, it is crucial to find an organization that has a good track record. Make sure to check their web reviews for more information
- Customer service is crucial. Given that these products are relatively new; it isn’t unusual for customers to have a lot of questions. Furthermore, they might have trouble administering the hemp oil to their pets. If a company has bad customer service, you might wait for days without end till you get a response
- Check their blog. It is very important to buy from companies that know what they’re doing. By simply checking their blog, and analyzing the quality of their content, you can say with certainty whether or not they have a hold of the matter. You don’t want to buy from a company that opened its door yesterday
- Network protection. Although this is something that doesn’t have to be mentioned, you would be surprised as to how many sites don’t have proper protection. Like with all purchases, it is important for your data to be safe and sound
Before you decide to buy organic CBD hemp oil for dogs or other pets, make sure to consult with a vet in Australia.
This whole area is still unexplored, so it is hard to say how CBD will impact your pet. However, we already have some empirical evidence that shows us how potent medical marijuana can be.
If you notice any issues when administering CBD, or if your dog starts exhibiting severe side effects, make sure to consult with your vet once again.