CBD products are gaining major popularity in the last decade. This goes hand-in-hand with legislative changes all over the world. Marijuana is no longer perceived as a dangerous gateway drug that ruins the youth.
Instead, we are more interested in the potential medical benefits we can get from the plant. With that being said, it shouldn’t surprise us that there are more and more people who wish to learn how to make CBD oil.
It doesn’t take a cook to make CBD oil in Australia; the process is pretty straightforward, and as long as you follow the instructions in this article, you should have no trouble creating.
But, before we give you a step-by-step manual that will teach you how to make CBD oil, check out all its potential benefits!
How does CBD work?
When we talk about cannabis, whether it’s medical or recreational, we have to mention its 2 main active ingredients: THC and CBD.
THC is psychoactive that most CBD users try to avoid. Although it has certain medical benefits itself, it will also make you high.
This can be a real problem for people with severe medical ailments; the last thing you need is to waste additional energy processing unhealthy substances.
In order to avoid all unwanted effects while maximizing benefits, CBD companies focus on minimizing THC while maximizing CBD content.
CBD or cannabidiol is just one of 110 active substances found in this plant. Its ability to bind itself to cannabidiol receptors in our body is the reason why it is so great. By doing so, the substance can optimize your natural processes restoring its normal functionality.
Today, CBD oil and other products are used for various symptoms and conditions, including chronic pain, various chronic and non-chronic inflammations, mental issues such as depression, anxiety, PTSD, muscle spasms, insomnia, etc.
It can also be used as a supplement. CBD oil is full of flavonoids, vitamins, minerals, essential oils, proteins, and so on.
In the last several years, the governments of the world have done an excellent job of exploring the plant’s possibilities. There is a continuous stream of studies that focuses on medical CBD.
The substance is showing a lot of promise, but we still have to take it with a grain of salt. At this point, we still don’t know what kind of a long-term impact it can have on a body, so we suggest caution when using it.
If you do decide to learn how to make CBD oil at home and use it, we suggest that you consult with a medical professional beforehand.
How to make CBD oil: Alcohol vs. Oil method (Step by step guide)
We differentiate 2 main methods for making CBD oil: alcohol method and oil method.
Alcohol method for making CBD oil
We will first consider the alcohol or ethanol method.
The main reason why you should use it is that it doesn’t require any special skills. It is something any person can do as long as they have some basic equipment.
Furthermore, if you’re a beginner, we suggest that you start with this method.
During the alcohol method, you will utilize alcohol as the extracting agent. Given that it’s neutral, it will not leave a smell as some other agents would.
Here is how to make CBD oil with alcohol:
- First, you will need to put cannabis in a glass bowl. It needs to be covered in alcohol. Then, you should proceed by stirring the content for 5 minutes. Afterward, you will need a spoon that will help you remove all the byproduct resin
- Now, you will need a sieve that will allow you to filter the solvent. Make sure to get as much oil as possible by squeezing it
- Take a double boiler. You will have to put the oil in it and heat it up. The main reason why you’re doing this is so that the alcohol can evaporate. However, you will need to be careful of temperature; be sure not to raise it too much. It should be low enough so that the oil can simmer slowly. The whole process takes about 30 minutes
- Wait a bit until it cools off. Then, you can place the extract in a bottle and put it somewhere safe
Oil method for making CBD oil
The oil method is the second process we need to consider. It is a bit harder than the previous one. But, it is also a bit safer.
In this case, you will need a career oil instead of alcohol. You can with something simple like olive oil, but you can also experiment a bit.
The main reason why you should consider this approach is because it is a bit safer, and you will also have the smell of career oil.
Here is how to make CBD oil with the oil method:
- Take various parts of the cannabis plant. You can utilize leaves, stems, or buds. Basically, everything works. The most important thing to keep in mind at the beginning is decarboxylation. This is a process where you activate the plant’s chemicals. In order to perform decarboxylation, you will need to bake the buds, stem, and leaves at 220 Fahrenheit for an hour and a half
- You will need a mason jar. Ground-up all the marijuana you have and mix it up with career oil. Depending on your needs and wants, you can add oil or cannabis. Keep in mind that marijuana with a higher THC content will create a stronger impact
- The marijuana parts need to be saturated with oil. Once that has happened, you will need to boil this mix. It is very important that the oil/cannabis combination is isolated. So, you will need to put a lid on your mason jar
- Put a towel on the bottom of a pin. Now, put a mason jar on top of that. Frying pan needs to be full of water and heated to 200 Fahrenheit. You will have to measure the temperature with a thermometer. Otherwise, it will be all for naught
- You need to make sure that there is water inside of the pot throughout the process. If it evaporates, add a bit more. The mixture needs to simmer for 3 hours, and then, you need to leave it alone for an additional 3 hours. Leave it overnight
- Now, everything’s ready. Your CBD mixture can be used, and all you have to do is strain it in an appropriate jar or vessel. Leave the mixture in a storage room or some other dry, dark place
As you can see, it isn’t that hard to learn how to make CBD oil. We recommend that you start with the alcohol method as it is much easier.
After a few tries, you will definitely perfect it, and then, you will have a CBD oil that can be used at any time for various medical issues.